Proposal to Postpone Crypto Berliner Minting

:cool: tl;dr

In the wake of Russia’s military actions against Ukraine, and a very possible major war on the heels of these developments, I propose to postpose Crypto Berliner minting until such time as conflicts ease.

:sunrise: Overview

In the wake of Russia’s military actions against Ukraine, and a very possible major war on the heels of these developments, I propose to postpose Crypto Berliner minting until such time as conflicts ease. I don’t feel comfortable leaving the US at this time, but want to fully participate in the Berliner project, ideally at a later date. I understand that such a postponement requires venue cancelation (and its accompanying fees) and would like to know what those fees are, in total. Perhaps we can raise funds in order to pay for those, collectively, as a DAO. But I think it would be a wise thing to act in corcordance with world events, and adjust the CryptoCitizen project to US cities while conflict overseas progresses. I understand I might be in the minority regarding this issue, and - if so - would like to know what options I have (surrogate minting, etc.).

:warning: Problem

Russia’s attack on Ukraine and an impending major war

:thought_balloon: Assumptions

It would best to delay Crypto Berliner project under current political climate (current conflict, impending larger-scale war)

:building_construction: Proposal

Delay the minting of Crypto Berliner

:thinking: Open Questions

:crystal_ball: Future Work

:notebook: References

1 Like

One of the reasons the markets bounced back so quickly is because there’s a general sense that the risk of a larger confrontation is low.

Also, countries and insurance companies are not issuing travel warnings to the rest of Europe and they generally err on the side of caution.

If any of these points change for the worse then I would agree with a postponement, but unless things change I think life needs to go on. Let’s not let Russia win the fear battle.

1 Like