The purpose of this proposal is to ratify the Bright Moments token distribution for London. For context on how the Core Team has handled token distribution in New York and Berlin, please read Crypto Cities & CryptoCitizens.
In London, 1,000 new DAO membership NFT tokens (CryptoLondoners) will distributed and minted in-person (IRL) as follows:
- 334/1000 will be given away to the local IRL community
- 333/1000 will be distributed to existing CryptoCitizens probabilistically
- 333/1000 will be sold to fund the project roadmap
London, UK was selected by CryptoCitizen holders on Jan 28, 2022 as City #5. The following proposal outlines how the DAO Core Team will distribute 1,000 CryptoLondoner voting assignments.
334 Minting Reservations will be available for local community members of London, UK.
Minting Reservations will be provided through nominations that are ratified by the Core Team and/or CryptoCitizen holders. New DAO member nominees that are ratified will be eligible to book a CryptoLondoner Minting Reservation.
London Golden Tokens will not be distributed to local community nominees. Instead, ratified nominees will be provided with a cryptographic Minting Reservation code that provides them with a scheduled time to mint a CryptoLondoner in-person (IRL).
Similar to previous cities, a nomination process will be organized and facilitated by the Bright Moments Core Team. CryptoCitizen holders will ratify at least 51% of the local community DAO membership nominations. This means the Core Team has the discretion to ratify up to 49% of the local community members. These community nominations will be used to secure local partnerships, grow the Bright Moments brand, and reward contributors who provide services to the DAO before and during the minting window.
333 Minting Reservations will be randomly distributed to CryptoCitizen holders.
Minting Reservations will be randomly distributed to CryptoCitizen holders that opt-in and indicate their ability to travel and mint their CryptoLondoner in-person (IRL).
Winners will be eligible to book a CryptoLondoner Minting Reservation. London Golden Tokens will not be distributed to CryptoCitizen holders who win. Instead, winners will be provided with a cryptographic Minting Reservation code that provides them with a scheduled time to mint a CryptoLondoner in-person (IRL). The minting reservation must be redeemed IRL either by the holder or a delegate.
The Random Collector Selector (RCS) smart contract will use Chainlink VRF to select the winners probabilistically. This process will be organized and facilitated by the Bright Moments Core Team.
333 London Golden Tokens will be sold to fund the project roadmap.
London Golden Tokens will be sold both publicly and privately to individuals and organizations.
Purchasers and holders of a London Golden Token will be able to trade their token on secondary markets until they use their (GTLN) to redeem a Minting Reservation. Once redeemed, the holder will be provided with a cryptographic Minting Reservation code that provides them with a scheduled time to mint a CryptoLondoner in-person (IRL) or through a delegate minter.
The sale and pricing of tokens will be organized and facilitated by the Bright Moments Core Team. The Core Team seeks to raise at least 400 ETH from the sale of London Golden Tokens. To date, 112 GTLNs have been sold, raising 111 ETH for the project roadmap.
London Golden Tokens will be sold as both individual items and bundled mint packs that would include unlockable perks and artist mint passes for the London Collection.
The Core Team reserves the right to sell GTLNs through the following mechanisms:
- A custom marketplace & smart contract developed and maintained by Core Team
- Direct listings on 3rd-party marketplaces, such as OpenSea, using a Bright Moments Storefront account
- Private sales directly from the London treasury
Primary sale proceeds and any secondary market royalties will be held in london.brightmoments.eth treasury.
This proposal would make the following changes to the existing token distribution model:
- Reduce the supply of Golden Token London (GTLN) from 1,000 to 333
- Replace the remaining Golden Tokens with cryptographic Minting Reservations (e.g. QR codes) for CryptoCitizen airdrop winners and local community recipients
- Require IRL minting (including through a delegate) for CryptoCitizen airdrop winners and local community recipients
- Cap the number of Core Team determined community distributions at 49% of the available supply (164/334)
The following due dates are suggested for the voting process to ensure the Core Team has enough time to act on the outcome:
- Monday, May 2nd: Proposal opens for comments
- Thursday, May 5th: Comment window closes
- Monday, May 9th: Voting window opens
- Thursday, May 12th: Voting window closes
- Vote to pass today - lets mint some CryptoLondoners!
- Modifications feel appropriate, needs some time for discussion
- Prefer all Golden Tokens