Bright Moments is seeking applications for two signers of our Bright Moments Venice SubDAO.
The creation of this SubDAO was first outlined in CryptoCitizen Governance: Phase 2 and expanded upon in Nominate local “Council Members” to operate city specific wallets .
For reference, SubDAO applications for our Berlin and New York chapters can be found here:
- Bright Moments Berlin - SubDAO Signer Application
- Bright Moments New York - SubDAO Signer Application
The Core Team operates the primary multisig for the DAO, brightmoments.eth, and is progressively decentralizing management of local communities through the creation of SubDAO multisig wallets:
Signers are expected to:
- Manage the day to day operations of the Bright Moments Venice chapter (10-20 hours per week to start)
- Coordinate physical community activities, including meetups, artist exhibitions, and live minting experiences
- Grow the online community through Discord management and social media outreach
- Propose and execute transactions within the venice.brightmoments.eth multisig
- Manage a starting multisig budget in the 10-50 ETH range, incl. minted CryptoVenetian NFTs, and work to grow the community treasury through profitable business operations
Venice is where we started, so the SubDAO role will be different here from other cities. The Core Team is headquartered in Venice Beach and we intend to maintain a very active role in the day-to-day operations of this chapter, including hosting live minting events, community meetups, and exhibitions.
SubDAO signers for the Venice community will need to work well with the Core Team, both while we’re at “homebase” and away setting up new cities. As a Signer, you’ll need to function well both autonomously and as part of a team. There will be times where you’re one voice among many, and other times where you need to step up and make decisions for the local community while we’re across the world building the CryptoCitizens as a whole.
This is a 1-year term, with the option to extend based on an additional review and community voting process after a year has passed. Community Signers receive a monthly retainer of 1 ETH, paid out of the local SubDAO treasury.
Applications open on Monday, October 31st. We’re intentionally not setting a specific closing date for these applications, as we intend to meet with applicants in early 2023 as part of our planning process.
To apply, email your responses to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Bright Moments Venice: Signer Application
Important: We will be publicly sharing applications unless otherwise requested to do so. Applications will be shared after the deadline has passed to avoid giving an advantage to applicants who apply later in the process. If you do not want us to share your application on the governance forum, please indicate so in the first line of your email to us when submitting your application.
Applicants chosen to move to the next round will be asked to visit the Bright Moments gallery or a nearby location for a 15 minute in-person interview.
Two candidates will be selected by the Core Team and nominated for a community vote. Any nominees will be required to receive a 51% approval rating and 1% quorum from CryptoVenetians.
After the community vote has concluded, signers who have reached the approval requirements will start their term on the following Monday.
- Ethereum address:
- ENS name:
How long have you lived in Venice? Do you live here currently?
Please enter the url of a 1 minute unlisted (not private) YouTube video introducing yourself. This video is an important part of the application.
In the video you should introduce yourself, explain why you’re interested in being a signer, and tell us about your plan to build the community.
The video should be 1 minute long and should contain nothing except yourself talking. Please do not include a PowerPoint presentation or any video effects. We want to focus on substance, not editing skills. Don’t read from a script – just speak naturally as though you are talking to a friend.
- Please describe an interesting project (outside of work or school) that you have built or created. This does not have to involve crypto (although crypto projects are fine too).
- Describe your 100 day plan for your local Bright Moments chapter. What will you do your first week? Your first month?
- What is something you believe about DAOs that most people don’t agree with?
- How did you hear about Bright Moments? If you have minted a CryptoCitizen, please describe your experience.
- What other communities or projects are you involved with?
- What is one thing you have learned from other crypto projects that you believe Bright Moments could benefit from?
- What should holders of all ten CryptoCitizen city collections be entitled to when the project is complete?