Bright Moments is seeking applications for two signers of our London SubDAO, Bright Moments London.
The creation of this SubDAO was first outlined in CryptoCitizen Governance: Phase 2 and expanded upon in Nominate local “Council Members” to operate city specific wallets .
SubDAO applications for our other chapters can be found here:
- Bright Moments Berlin - SubDAO Signer Application
- Bright Moments New York - SubDAO Signer Application
The Core Team operates the primary multisig for the DAO, brightmoments.eth, and is progressively decentralizing management of local communities through the creation of SubDAO multisig wallets:
Signers are expected to:
- Manage the day to day operations of the Bright Moments London chapter (5-10 hours per week to start)
- Coordinate physical community activities, including meetups, artist exhibitions, and live minting experiences
- Grow the online community through Discord management and social media outreach
- Propose and execute transactions within the london.brightmoments.eth multisig
- Manage a starting multisig budget in the 10-50 ETH range, incl. minted CryptoLondoner NFTs, and work to grow the community treasury through profitable business operations
- Grow a team of part-time contributors to assist with any of the activities above
- Expand to full-time roles as needed based on the successful growth of the operation
Functionally, as a signer you will be a cofounder of the London community. You will have significant autonomy in your day-to-day role and the support of the international Bright Moments brand. The success of the SubDAO will be based on the work ethic, strategic decisions, and support from the signers and local Londoner community.
This is a 1-year term, with the option to extend based on an additional review and community voting process after a year has passed.
Applications open starting on Monday, August 1st and end Sunday, August 21st at 11:59p BST.
To apply, email your responses to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Bright Moments London: Signer Application
Important: We will be publicly sharing applications unless otherwise requested to do so. Applications will be shared after the deadline has passed to avoid giving an advantage to applicants who apply later in the process. If you do not want us to share your application on the governance forum, please indicate so in the first line of your email to us when submitting your application.
Two candidates will be selected by the Core Team and nominated for a community vote. Any nominees will be required to receive a 51% approval rating and 1% quorum from CryptoLondoners.
After the community vote has concluded, signers who have reached the approval requirements will start their term on the following Monday.
- Ethereum address:
- ENS name:
How long have you lived in London? Do you live here currently?
Please enter the url of a 1 minute unlisted (not private) YouTube video introducing yourself. This video is an important part of the application.
In the video you should introduce yourself, explain why you’re interested in being a signer, and tell us about your plan to build the community.
The video should be 1 minute long and should contain nothing except yourself talking. Please do not include a PowerPoint presentation or any video effects. We want to focus on substance, not editing skills. Don’t read from a script – just speak naturally as though you are talking to a friend.
- Please describe an interesting project (outside of work or school) that you have built or created. This does not have to involve crypto (although crypto projects are fine too).
- Describe your 100 day plan for the Bright Moments London chapter. What will you do your first week? Your first month?
- What is something you believe about DAOs that most people don’t agree with?
- How did you hear about Bright Moments? If you have minted a CryptoCitizen, please describe your experience.
- What other communities or projects are you involved with?
- What is one thing you have learned from other crypto projects that you believe Bright Moments could benefit from?
- What should holders of all ten CryptoCitizen city collections be entitled to when the project is complete?