Ethereum address: 0x7ad6451A0094F74E461E1C26894A6387B08573ab
ENS name: coming soon
Name: Dennis Peqas
How long have you lived in Berlin? Do you live here currently?
I was born and raised in Berlin, and still live here. I have no plan to move to any other city in the future because I love this city and the lifestyle here.
Video Introduction link: Bright Moments Berlin: Signer Application | Dennis Peqas - YouTube
Please describe an interesting project (outside of work or school) that you have built or created. This does not have to involve crypto (although crypto projects are fine too).
In November of 2021 I founded the NFT Club Berlin, which is now the largest local NFT/web3 community in Europe. We connect local NFT projects, artists, collectors, developers and entrepreneurs through our in person and online meetups. We focus on educating, bringing people together to share knowledge and building a vibrant community for everyone interested in web3 from beginners to professionals.
I founded the club after weeks of looking for NFT meetups in Berlin, and not finding any, so in November I organized the first NFT focused meetup in Berlin. We started with about 10 people and today we make regular meetups with 50+ people.
And here is some data about our Club…
On Discord we have:
100+ 3D artists
25+ AI Developers
And we also have a large network of professionals such as tax consultants, lawyers and web3 businesses.
Describe your 100 day plan for the Bright Moments Berlin chapter. What will you do your first week? Your first month?
First: I/we want to make the CryptoBerliners into one of the most important/valuable local NFT collections. How? By giving the CB in real life value at meetups (e.g.: free beer at bars, free entry for special events and exclusive events). The whole CryptoCitizen Collection will also benefit from that. The CryptoBerliners will be a part of any Bright Moments event and also from NFT Club Berlin.
Second: I/we want to make the upcoming Bright Moments gallery the main hot spot of Europe for new NFT art, music and web3 networking. NFT Club Berlin will support this mission by bringing community members and events to make it an active and thriving location.
Third: I want to involve the core team and community from the Club as much as possible, because we have a dedicated and skilled group of people working together for a common goal and bigger mission to build community, elevate each other and build the future.
Continue the BM meetups on a regular basis.
Topics to discuss with the Bright Moments team:
- Contact details and connect with the other signers and BM team.
- Contract details and financial compensation for signer and part-time team members.
- Involve Rebekka, Francesca and Chris (Core Team of NFT Club)
Discuss delegating responsibilities and fulfilling to the following roles:
- Community management
- [Local] marketing responsibilities and social media
- Location management
- Event organizing (in-house & external)
- Exhibition curation and organization
- Business development
- Tech lead
First Month (May)
- Discuss in depth DAO strategies with the BM team. Focus on engaging the democratic DAO process & education.
- Discuss marketing and social media strategies
- Continue IRL meetups and collaborate with NFT Club Berlin events
- Engage with Crypto Berliner holders to discuss interests/opinions regarding events and giving value to their community position
- Host an exclusive meetup for Crypto Berliner holders
- Consider various locations for physical spaces in Berlin to function as a main meeting hub, event space and gallery. Potentially giving DAO members votes to help decide general location.
Second Month (June)
- Solidify the details and establish a physical space in collaboration with the DAO (voting, community voice). Host housewarming launch party.
- Create IRL experience(s) - live minting, brunch, external event, etc - that give extra value (perks) to CB holders. Eg. Parties with free entry as a group, free mints on our hosted art drops.
- IRL events that promote the local NFT scene and onboard/educate people. Eg. Art exhibitions, music events. Activities that also appeal to the people outside of our circles.
Third Month (July)
- More involved IRL experiences, such as renting large boats or open air events
- Potential trip to BM London
- Develop deeper partnerships with other local and global brands and organizations.
- Continue giving value to Crypto Berliner holders through various means: air drops, exclusive merch, etc.
What is something you believe about DAOs that most people don’t agree with?
DAOs allow for organizational structures that never existed before, ones that are yet to be defined. We haven’t even scratched the surface of what’s possible in an on-chain governed world. The speed of decentralized and automated decision making can be greater than in traditional organizations with the right systems in place. The total vote participation can be optimized through delegates as seen through ENS’ process, or automated bounty rewards for tasks within the organization. It’s the politics of the new geeks, through frictionless, global and permissionless communication layers. DAOs are the next generation of democracy.
How did you hear about Bright Moments? If you have minted a CryptoCitizen, please describe your experience.
The first time I heard about Bright Moments was, I think, at the beginning of this year. I landed on their twitter and had a look on their website. It looked good, but a website can’t describe their IRL experience.
Yes, I minted my own CryptoBerliner and it was a revelation! This real life experience connects you to the NFT you minted. You develop a relationship with it and it generates value. Also as Bright Moments tweeted: you will forget NFTs you bought online but these real life mints you will never forget.
What other communities or projects are you involved with?
I had an NFT project, called the NFT Snake which showed the top 100 NFTs at its original Ethereum value. The biggest one has the highest last sale. When you click the “random snake” button (bottom right corner), random collections from Open Sea will be displayed as a Snakes. Try it our here: nftsnake dot com (had to write it that way, because I only can add two links here)
The NFT Snake gave me a lot of knowledge and I wanted to meet like-minded people last year, so I founded the NFT Club.
Currently I also help a German NFT News organization/format which will collaborate with the NFT Club Berlin in the future as well.
I will be a speaker at NFT NYC and NFT Berlin. My topic is the Berlin NFT scene and local communities. We will also have a panel at the Wise 2022 Festival.
At the Club we also get a lot of requests for cooperating events. We will also be part of an NFT/Web3 Music/Art/Conference at the end of the year.
What is one thing you have learned from other crypto projects that you believe Bright Moments could benefit from?
90% of all NFT collections failed or will fail. NFTs are not just some pixels, it’s about story, art, music, community, lifestyle, and much more which is something you have to feel because words can’t describe it. Everyone can create a 10k NFT collection. Like the BerLinx collection (April fools’) https://twitter.com/NFTClubBerlin/status/1509804737293606919 But generating on-chain with on-chain music, IRL community and IRL minting as well as local galleries, that’s unique. Props to BM.
What should holders of all ten CryptoCitizen city collections be entitled to when the project is complete?
First, these gold members should get a big shout out on any socials (Twitter, Instagram and Discord). The gold members could get special merch for their holdings. Also a big airdrop would be a very kind way to honor the holders. An exclusive event for the gold members would also be an idea.
Maybe also a yearly giveaway, when they hold their Citizens over time. Also these gold members should get a special role at the Bright Moments Discord and their own channel/roles. They also could get more voting rights at the DAO itself. Maybe the percentage of the giveaways could be increased for them. The golden members should also get free entry to all future events.
Involving the current golden members who own CyptoBerliner/NewYorker/Galactican/Venetian is also an important (and exciting) aspect of the decision making process to honor their commitment and involvement with BM.